MLB Prop Bets: Pittsburgh Pirates vs Philadelphia Phillies - August 27, 2022
2022-08-27 18:05:00 EDT
The Pittsburgh Pirates (47-78) face the Philadelphia Phillies (71-55) at Citizens Bank Park on Saturday at 6:05pm (ET). Let’s take a look at the MLB Prop Bets for the matchup. Tyler Beede is the probable pitcher for the Pirates, while Kyle Gibson is the probable pitcher for the Phillies. The Phillies are favored to win at -256, while the Pirates are at +215. The total runs line is set at 9.0, with OVER at -110 and UNDER at -110.
- The Pirates (+115) have a 62-63 Run Line record this season, while the Phillies (-136) hold a record of 67-59.
- The Pirates have a 57-58-10 O/U record this season (meaning 57 games have gone over the total runs line, 58 have gone under and 10 have resulted in a push). The Phillies have a 62-57-7 O/U record.
- The Pirates are averaging 3.6 runs per game this season (28th in the league). Comparatively, the Phillies are averaging +1.1 more at 4.7 runs (7th).
- In the field, the Pirates are allowing a whopping 5.1 runs per game this season (27th in the league), while the Phillies are allowing an average of 4.0 runs (11th).
Let’s take a look at how these teams perform in some other key statistical areas.
- Looking at their batting averages this season, the Pirates are at .220 (ranking 29th in the Major leagues), while the Phillies are batting .253 (8th).
- In terms of total home runs this season, the Phillies have hit 161 (6th in the Major Leagues). Meanwhile, the Pirates have managed 124 (18th).
Runs Batted In
- Finally, looking at their runs batted in, the Pirates have recorded 419 RBIs to rank 28th in the MLB this season. Comparatively, the Phillies have recorded 564 RBIs to rank T7th.
Earned Run Average
- The Phillies have an earned run average of 3.74 this season (9th in the Majors), while The Pirates have an ERA of 4.72 (27th).
- Turning our attention to total strikeouts, the Pirates have recorded 952 this season, ranking 23rd in the MLB. Meanwhile, the Phillies rank 8th for total strikeouts, recording 1107.
Opponent Batting Average
- Opponents are batting an average of .238 against the Phillies this season (12th in the Major Leagues). Comparatively, the Pirates’ opponents are at .264 (27th).
First Innings Moneyline
- Here are their first innings moneyline records in 2022.
Lead After Three Innings
- Here are their records after the first three innings in 2022.
- The NRFI is 71-54 in Pirates games this season. The Phillies have a 70-56 NRFI record.
Last Time They Met
The Phillies recorded a shock 7-4 victory over the Pirates at Citizens Bank Park yesterday. Rodolfo Castro was unstoppable in that matchup, hitting a home run, a single and recording an RBI. The Phillies have now won five straight against the Pirates.