MLB Prop Bets: Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers - September 4, 2022
2022-09-04 13:40:00 EDT
The Kansas City Royals (54-80) face the Detroit Tigers (51-82) at Comerica Park on Sunday at 1:40pm (ET). Let’s take a look at the MLB Prop Bets for the matchup. Matt Manning is the probable pitcher for the Tigers, while the Royals’ probable pitcher remains unclear. The Tigers are favored to win at -115, while the Royals are at -106. The total runs line is set at 8.0, with OVER at -115 and UNDER at -106.
- The Royals (-196) have a 63-71 Run Line record this season, while the Tigers (+165) hold a record of 60-73.
- The Royals have a 68-63-3 O/U record this season (meaning 68 games have gone over the total runs line, 63 have gone under and three have resulted in a push). The Tigers have a 49-74-10 O/U record.
- The Royals are averaging 4.0 runs per game this season (24th in the league). Comparatively, the Tigers are averaging 3.3 (30th).
- In the field, the Royals are allowing a whopping 5.1 runs per game this season (26th in the league), while the Tigers are allowing an average of 4.4 runs (T19th).
Let’s take a look at how these teams perform in some other key statistical areas.
- Looking at their batting averages this season, the Royals are at .245 (ranking 14th in the Major leagues), while the Tigers are batting .229 (27th).
- In terms of total home runs this season, the Tigers have hit 79 (30th in the Major Leagues). Meanwhile, the Royals have managed 117 (T23rd).
Runs Batted In
- Finally, looking at their runs batted in, the Royals have recorded 511 RBIs to rank 24th in the MLB this season. Comparatively, the Tigers have recorded 418 RBIs to rank 30th.
Earned Run Average
- The Tigers have an earned run average of 4.11 this season (20th in the Majors), while The Royals have an ERA of 4.75 (27th).
- Turning our attention to total strikeouts, the Royals have recorded 982 this season, ranking 26th in the MLB. Meanwhile, the Tigers rank 28th for total strikeouts, recording 972.
Opponent Batting Average
- Opponents are batting an average of .248 against the Tigers this season (18th in the Major Leagues). Comparatively, the Royals’ opponents are at .270 (29th).
First Innings Moneyline
- Here are their first innings moneyline records in 2022.
Lead After Three Innings
- Here are their records after the first three innings in 2022.
- The NRFI is 68-66 in Royals games this season. The Tigers have a 66-67 NRFI record.
Last Time They Met
The Royals recorded a lopsided 12-2 victory against the Tigers at Comerica Park yesterday. Nate Eaton went yard en route to that victory, hitting a home run to go with 2 RBIs.